Please download and complete a Job Posting Information Sheet before submitting for posting.
Please send new submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
All jobs will be posted for 60 days then removed, unless reposted by the offering organization.
Senior Industrial Hygiene / Occupational Safety & Health Professional
Requisition Number: 2018-2430-10
S&ME, Inc., a leading engineering, design, environmental sciences, and construction services firm that responds to their clients with innovative, sustainable solutions, is seeking a Senior Industrial Hygiene / Occupational Safety & Health Professional to join our North Carolina team, to be based in Charlotte. This industry leader will perform and manage technical industrial hygiene projects supported by an excellent dedicated team for a diverse client base of manufacturing, education, municipal, retail and developer projects.
The successful candidate will share an exciting and rewarding opportunity to enhance, grow, and enjoy a career in an established professional practice with a well-respected, employee-owned, engineering and environmental services firm.
This is an expansive growth time for S&ME: we have a brand new president and chief executive officer whose primary focus is to grow revenues and expand the client-base. Our Charlotte location has been targeted as one of our existing locations where we are dedicating talent and resources to grow. Our client base is diverse as we provide civil, geotechnical, environmental, planning, landscape architecture, survey and construction services. Consistently ranked in the top 100 of ENR's Top 500 Design Firms, our markets include transportation, energy, water/wastewater, commercial development, industry, healthcare, education and government. S&ME is an employee-owned engineering firm that grows in value as our people excel in their careers by providing excellent client service and supporting each other. Every day our team of over 100 Charlotte employee owners (technicians, scientist, geologists, and engineers) safely provide our clients with superior results to achieve their project goals. We go the extra mile — together!
To apply: https://smeinc.applicantpro.com/internaljobs/937122.html
Health and Safety Specialist
Final date applications will be accepted: 5/6/2019
Job number: 104125
Clemson University is searching for an entry level Health and Safety Specialist. As a member of Research Safety and the Industrial Hygiene Team, the Health and Safety Specialist will be responsible for assisting faculty, staff and students in the selection of proper safe work practices based on risk assessment and advise on procedures and policies. Provides comprehensive health and safety program support and services to assigned areas.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum 0-3 years of EHS experience. A Bachelor's degree in a science area and experience in laboratory safety, shop safety and general safety, and hazard assessment. Knowledge of the OSHA Lab standard and OSHA General Industry Standards and experience with data management systems is preferred.
For more information and to apply:
Applications will only be accepted online.
Sentry's dedication to customer service is embodied by our best employees. At Sentry, our associates take care of our customers with a passion for service and delivering business results. We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated, technical and results driven individual to fill a highly skilled position in our National Accounts - IH Services Division. As an Industrial Hygiene Consultant Sr. you will work with Corporate Risk Management, Safety Management, and Plant/Facility Management contacts as well as brokerage firms to complete Industrial Hygiene Services for our casualty line of business primarily for our National Account customers with premium in excess of $500,000.
What You'll Do
The following are some of the responsibilities of the National Account IH Services Consultant that would be located preferably in Charlotte, NC; secondary locations include Atlanta, GA or Greensboro, NC. Travel responsibilities would include the eastern seaboard and gulf coast.
- Act as a Team Leader and conduct industrial hygiene field consultation service (noise, air quality, IAQ, etc.) for National Accounts customers. Provide industrial hygiene services for standard commercial lines customers, underwriting, and fee service customers at the request of IH or Safety Services management.
- Anticipate, recognize, evaluate potential health hazards, and assist customers by recommending proper controls for ACGIH and OSHA guidelines.
- Review, assist with development and/or coordinate specific risk improvement or regulatory mandated programs. Coordinate the implementation of these programs with the customer and the safety services consultant.
- Provide technical expertise for the development of industrial hygiene-related technical bulletins or information sheets.
- Provide training for customers, safety services consultants, or Sentry Insurance employees in industrial hygiene-related areas.
- Assist sales and underwriting by providing information about prospective customer's processes and potential exposures on conditions that may lead to occupational disease as directed by Industrial Hygiene Management.
- Assist Sentry Insurance claims department with review or evaluation of occupational disease claims that may have arisen from specific process or workplace exposures.
- Maintain and calibrate field equipment on a scheduled basis. Ensure that field work is done in a timely and professional manner.
What it Takes
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent within the Safety Sciences area is required (i.e., Industrial Hygiene, Degree in Analytical Chemistry, or a related science and/or engineering field).
- 3+ years of related work experience.
- M.S. Degree in industrial hygiene, or occupational and environmental health preferred.
- Certification by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene in the comprehensive practice or other specialty aspect of industrial hygiene is preferred. or a willingness to achieve the CIH Designation in 3-5 years.
- Demonstrated competency in field consultation and familiarity with current industrial hygiene technology.
- Leadership skills, proactive attitude, proficient technical writing and communication skills.
- An acceptable motor vehicle record and ability to perform extensive travel is required (50% - 75% travel).
What You'll Receive
We offer an outstanding array of benefits for our associates, including:
- Competitive Compensation
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life benefits
- Generous Paid-Time Off - including Company Holidays
- 401k plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first six percent - immediate vesting
- Access to more than 100 certification, designation and licensing courses
- Career advancement opportunities
What You'll Receive
Sentry's excellent benefits package is designed to meet today's most important needs. Benefits for full-time Sentry Insurance employees include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
- 401 (K) plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first eight percent - immediate vesting
- Comprehensive paid training
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
How You'll Apply
Sentry Insurance has an online employment application. In order to complete it, you need to apply for a specific position. We ask that you apply for one position at a time with us; so if you are interested in several positions, please determine the position in which you are most interested and apply for that position first. If you are not selected for your first choice, we invite you to apply for the next job in which you are interested.
If this is the first time you have applied for a position at Sentry, you will be asked to register. Returning applicants will only need to provide their email address and password.
Who You'll Want to Contact
Apryl Marti at 618/655-1707
Why Sentry Insurance
Sentry employees have been helping individuals and businesses build and protect their futures since 1904. Because of the trust placed in us, Sentry is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, and is rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority. Sentry offers a full line of property, casualty and life insurance products to protect businesses, cars, homes, lives and retirement incomes.
Sentry Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Certified Industrial Hygienist
ATC is seeking a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)/safety professional for our Mid-Atlantic region, which consists of four primary offices in Raleigh and Charlotte, NC, Virginia Beach, VA, and Columbia, SC, and satellite offices in Wilmington and Asheville, NC. The position will be based in one of the primary office locations within the region, with a preference for the North Carolina offices due to their more central location within the region.
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and grow the industrial hygiene (IH)/safety service line across the Mid-Atlantic Region
- Provide business development and technical assistance on IH and safety compliance projects/programs for clients locally and nationally
- Oversee and perform IH projects from proposal to completion
- Oversee and perform safety and environmental compliance projects from proposal to completion
- Provide technical training and mentoring to staff, develop internal standard operating procedures for field data collection and reporting, work with IH/safety leaders across company to develop consistent procedures
- Bachelor's degree in industrial hygiene, environmental science, safety or related discipline
- IH certification from the American Board of Industrial Hygiene
- Certifications in field: OSHT, CHST, CSP, licensed Asbestos Inspector, Air Sampling Technician( AST), Air Sampling Professional (ASP), Lead Inspector, and/or NIOSH 582(e), or the ability to obtain such certification highly desirable
- Five to ten years of IH/regulatory and safety compliance experience in industrial and construction environments
- Environmental compliance auditing experience preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical and computer skills (MS Office)
- Experienced in writing comprehensive technical reports
- Experience maintaining corporate management standards (either as a consultant or an internal compliance officer)
- Willingness to perform marketing and develop new business relationships
- Ability to multitask, maintain flexibility, travel periodically, and work independently with little supervision
Submit resume to:
- Via e-mail: Irene.email@example.com
- Via U.S. Mail:
ATC Group Services, LLC
2725 East Millbrook Road, Suite 121
Raleigh, NC 27604